Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thinking of You

Really, I have been.

Basketball is over so my duties as scorekeeper are done for the season. I've told the coaches to sign me up for next year. I had fun going to all the games. Of course, it might have helped that I had no children playing!

The girl's team didn't do so well. They started the season doing really well, but didn't make it to league playoffs. The boys ended the season by winning the state title in our division, schools between 226 and 399 students. This is the first time 'we' have gotten the state title. The game was a nail biter with a final score of 36-32. Not a high score, but the fourth time 'we' played and beat the second place team.

Enough about basketball!

I was reading a bunch of different blogs Friday. I found My Mind's Eye blog and wouldn't you know, they have a challenge going!

A few days before that, I had received my February Key Ingredients Subscription from Taylored Expressions. (I found it on February 20 so was on the late side of receiving it.) Guess who's paper was in the kit. Yep, My Mind's Eye, Lost & Found Two, Rosy. I tell you, it was a sign.

Here is the card I put together.

See, I told you I was thinking of you.

All the paper is from Rosy. The sentiment is Hero Arts Stamps & Die Cut Floral, as are the flowers. I sprayed the flowers and the yellow center with Perfect Pearls Mist Pearl. I let the yellow dry a little and then made the brad with my Imaginisce I-Top. The gem centers are My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink Bling. I don't know how long I've had them or if they can be found anywhere.

The leaves were cut with My Favorite Things Sheltering Tree & Leaf and Spellbinders Foliage. Finally, the three scalloped pieces were done with Fiskars Scallop Border Punch.

I'm still working on my photography skills. Keep in mind my genetic heritage! Dad's photos, people were from the neck down. You try and remember who wore what to figure out who the people were. Mom's, you either got the left side or the right side, never a whole person. Well, if you were standing in the middle you might be a whole person but not in the middle of the photo.

I'm just thankful for digital. I didn't have to print the 30 pictures of this card to find one that was semi okay.

Now I hope it isn't three weeks before I can make more cards.


No comments: