Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Cut Above

Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner, Nichol Magouirk and many guest designers taught 'A Cut Above' at Online Card Classes. Of course, I discovered I 'need' a lot more tools. I don't have near enough dies.

And I'm ready to head to Ranger and take my Distress Pens. I ordered them over two months ago. The store I pre-ordered through has sent three emails apologizing for the delay. I want to know just what was Ranger thinking? How could they have not expected the response to these pens?

Back to the class and the fun to be had there!

Day 1, Step Up Your Die Cutting. I could handle this one!


I used three of the Hero Arts and Sizzix stamps and diecuts: 657773 Antique Flowers & Butterflies, 657776 Floral and 657852 Garden Flowers. The butterfly is the only one I used both the stamp and die! One stem is from Garden Flowers and the other two from HA CL379 Stamp a Garden. Two of the flowers are from Floral with the third from Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals. Talk about mixing things up!

The flowers have Distress Inks Fired Brick and Spun Sugar on the edges. The stems are Shabby Shutters. The sentiment, HA CL139 Birthday Messages, was done with Memento Tuxedo Black.

The design papers are from Echo Park's This & That 6x6 pad. The brad in the center flower is from 7 Gypsies, I think, and the other two centers are from Making Memories. The green cardstock was cut with Spellbinder's S4-129 Classic Scalloped Squares Small.

My intent was to keep up with this class. The intent and the actuality obviously did not meet. Now to work my way through the rest of the class. DH will be gone on business this week so he won't have a clue as to how much time I spend with my toys. :D

No comments: