Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Heat Wave? What heat wave?

Actually watched the news and found out most of the nation is having a heat wave. Sorry to hear you are suffering. If I could, I'd send you our rain.
 
 
The farmers here are almost a month late in getting harvest started. I hate to say it, but I'm so glad we no longer farm; I would be major stressed and spending time at the real funny farm. Our July rain average is .52 inches. We are at 1.05 inches today. The total isn't so bad, it's the number of days it has rained that is the pits; it's just enough to keep the combines from running. If we don't get some summer weather the fear is the grass seed (for your lawns, golf courses and pastures, not to smoke) will start sprouting.
 
 
Here's to everyone getting the weather they need/want. Cooler for those suffering through the heat, and heat for us.

2 comments:

Stef H said...

hey kelly.... ur too funny! invested time & $$$$$ into hubby - never looked at it like that!!!! but ur right! absolutely right.

yeah, that much rain is not good for farmers. i see the flooded fields here too and i just can't imagine the cost of the loss!

anyway, glad you stopped by. it gets me here and i love reading about your farm life. keep posting!

hugs & smiles,

Marlene said...

Hey you!! You've got the blog going! :)

And I see one of my favorite people, Stef, is here, too!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for visiting my blog and leaving some love. I really appreciate it, and am glad you are enjoying the freebies!