Saturday, November 5, 2011

AWOL

The last week and a half have been crazy. DH has surgery October 27 and his recovery has been a lot slower than we expected. As the hopsital where the surgery was done is 80 miles from home, we are fortunate our oldest daughter and family live 10 miles from the hospital and let us use their home as a motel.

On the 28th Daphne and I went out for donuts and then visited Papa at the hospital. She wasn't too sure about what Papa had going on but was soon on the bed checking everything out.

After we left, I asked her about the needle in Papa's arm. She informed me 'It wasn't a needle but a decoration.' I'm thinking 'Great, Papa is into piercings!'

Brian was discharged Friday but we needed to stay in town for post-op blood work on Saturday. Went home Saturday evening, returned Monday for post-op doctor visit and more blood work. Stayed the night and came home Tuesday.

Daphne was determined to come home with us. How could I say no? It was the first time she has wanted to come since her brother was born. She went home Thursday.

Yesterday was the first time I got to spend time in my craft cave. Men have man caves, I can have a craft cave. It's not a cave, but like a man cave, I have my TV.

I started several cards and finished them today. One day cards! I'm getting better. However, after being gone for most of the week, the house really should have had some tender loving care. But, I decided crafting and college football was much more important.

I found a new digi store, Pink Cat Studio. I used one of their images on the cards I made today.














I actually got five of these puppies made. And started on a card for the CDAC Challenge. The question is, how long will it take for me to get it done? :D    I'm still thinking about the addition of fake snow.

As I stayed in my craft cave until 3 this morning, I'm thinking I really need to go to bed. I'm changing my clocks on my way. I don't want to get up any earlier than I have to tomorrow!


No comments: