Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cards for Emily

Dustin Pike has a post asking crafters to make cards for Emily. She is 7 years old and battling leukemia. Her aunt has a blog post here.

Dustin drew a set of images, Daisy and Buttercup, and will give one of the images to any one who makes a card. If you link your card at his blog, he will send you the whole set. Dustin is very generous in sharing his talent with us. Please follow his example and send a card to Emily.
Emily Ziemathis
5134 Berger Dr. SE
Lacey, WA 98513

Dustin isn't requiring you to use one of his images but I chose to use one of Daisy and Buttercup.
I colored this and my challenge card at the same time. That was part of the problem of knowing which Copics I used. I was busy pulling pens and not paying attention to which card got which colors.

I think cats are always up to mischief, thus the tag. Any horse that would let a cat sit on the reins is also up to no good!

I colored with Copics on Neenah Solar White. Hero Arts Powder, PS606, is the blue paper. The tag is from Hero Arts "I Love My Cat", CL135, and the grass from CL379, "Stamp A Garden", using AF209, "Green Hills". The clouds are an Imaginisce stamp.

I'm guessing the horse is Daisy as she has one in her forelock. I used Andirondak Dimensional Pearls "Wild Plum" coloring the daisy. The center is Stickles Yellow. The pink around the tag is Spica Pink. I also used Spica Clear on the noseband, reins and flower centers.

Finally, the bakers twine is from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist. It's the Happy Go Lucky "Hello".




2 comments:

CraftyGirl said...

Great Job on your card. Buttercup and Daisy look like best friends. Thanks for joining us this week at "Pike's Playground" and sending a card to Emily.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Lisa Lara said...

This is soooooooooooooo cute. Glad you joined the TAWS blog hop.