Saturday, February 9, 2013

Online Card Class

I'm a few nine days behind in the Clean and Simple Card Making 2 class! 

Last night (Wednesday) I finished a card for Day 1. I wanted to use Kristina's sketch but did't have a mask, so I made one. I own the Taylored Expressions Quatrefoil Cutting Plate which is perfect for what I had in mind.


Do I have any Mister Hueys? No. Out came the Shabby Shutters Distress Re-Inker. I'm off to a great start! LOL

As I used Copics to color my image, I used Simon Says Stamp's 120 lb card stock. This was the first time I've used it, and the ink didn't bleed through! I know others have said it doesn't but as I don't know how heavy a hand they have with coloring, I had to see it for myself. I tend to put down lots of layers of color, probably more then really needed.

One thing I learned about the card stock, score it really, really well. I thought I had but the card stock cracked when I folded it. So much for being 'neat and professional.' Hey, it's a class, the whole point is to learn. Right?
Added Saturday: I'm just now getting pictures taken. I don't know what is wrong with the color. I've taken a bazillion, (okay, maybe not) and I can't get it right. Sorry, I wish it was better.

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp 120 lb card stock
Taylored Expressions Quatrefoil Cutting Plate
Judikins Eclipse Art Masking Tape
Distress Re-Inker Shabby Shutters
Spellbinders S4-110 Classic Oval
Lockhart Stamp Co. Hydrangea
Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: B23, B24, B26, B63, B91, B93, BV11, BV13, BV17 E50, E53, G82, G99
MFT Fishtail Flags Layers Stax
VersaMark Ink
American Crafts Zing White Embossing Powder
MFT PI-All Occasions Sentiments
Distress Ink Faded Jeans
Distress Marker Faded Jeans
All Night Media 1/16" Mini Pop Dots

Now to Day 2...






No comments: