Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Eagle has landed

Okay, so he's not an eagle but better. Daphne's baby brother arrived last night at 7:48.

I had put Daphne to bed at 7:30. She was snoring by the time I got the phone call. I went into her room, put my hand on her back and whispered did she want to go to the hospital to see Mommy and Daddy. Her head popped up and yes, she wanted to go. I didn't tell her why.

Daphne is happy with her brother, Christian. She even got to help give him his first bath. She sprinkled some water on his head.

After a couple of hours D and I came back home. As soon as we got in the house I realized I locked the keys in the car. The spare is 80 miles away. Now what?

As yesterday's trip was not rewarded with a new baby, DD2 and DD3 decided to come up, again, and actually see their new nephew, not just sit around and wait. They brought my extra key.  

After a morning spent with Baby Christian, D and I are home, with a car key, so D can take a nap. After her nap, we will head back to the hospital and then on to my house for the night. (D's other grandma picked us up this morning and gave us a ride to the hospital. DDs brought us back.)

D is not happy about a nap. She, however, is very tired and doesn't want to acknowledge it. Such is life with an abusive Gramma.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Congratulations, all around!!! But sheesh, locking your keys in the car? Yup, that definitely qualifies as an "O.S." moment! LOL!!!