Thursday, June 28, 2012

Backpack anyone?

I wanted to make another entry for the June Taylored Expressions subscriber challenge. Split Coast Stampers has fun projects so I headed there for inspiration. As the challenge is 'Delightful Packaging' this backpack looked like one to try. I think I'm going to keep it on a shelf to remind myself of how crazy I am. As if I need reminding! :)  Actually, it was fun to make, I just didn't realize my own strength when setting the eyelets. The paper is a little creased.










The paper is from the June Key Ingredients Subscription. It's really hard to see, but I used the Delightful Day stamp set on the orange paper. The smaller flowers were stamped with Hero Hues Soft Apricot, the larger ones with Hero Hues Butter Bar and the leaves with Hero Hues Soft Green. I wanted them to be subtle and they are that! The eyelets are Making Memories and the ribbon is some I picked up at Michaels. Yes, ribbon came in the kit but I didn't want to waste it on this. To keep the flaps down, I used Basic Grey's magnetic discs.

This challenge has been fun. As I look at the backpack I'm thinking I need to make some for Christmas to hold stocking stuffers. See, I told you I'm crazy!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You are ambitious after vacation!! This is so cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lori said...

I LOVE this!