Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Good Decision

Just as I hit 'post' on the last entry, there was a major, MAJOR clap of thunder. If DH were home, he'd be on the front porch looking for lightening. And if it were dark, we'd probably be in the car chasing the storm.

You must keep in mind, here in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, thunder and lightening is an EVENT! It ranks right up there with snow. The difference, a quarter inch of snow closes school, thunder and lightening closes school only if the power goes out. We don't have lightening rods here.

The good decision? I wasn't out weeding. Had I been out there, I'd probably need to change my pants.

As I continued to play, I used the second sketch from Taylor for this card. And, of course, my Key Ingredients kit.


This time I used Fired Brick and Mustard Seed Distress Stain on the flowers. I cut another flower apart for leaves and stained them with Peeled Paint. 

The tag is Sizzix's Tags, Scallop Combo #2. I had pulled a tag from last month's kit and stained it with Peeled Paint. However, the kraft base changed the color too much to work on this card. Live and learn. Finally, the sentiment is from Hero Arts, Thinking of You, CL140.

The forecast today is for 'dry.' Just what that means, who knows. So far I've seen a beautiful blue sky and a cloud filled sky.  It's Oregon.

No comments: