Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Recouping from Vacation

After being gone for nine days, I need a vacation! While I take this second vacation, I would really like for someone to come in and do the laundry from the last vacation. And put everything away - suitcases, groceries, just make it so when I come home this time, I don't have to do anything.

Oh, right, I haven't done anything since returning from the first vacation. We had a hold on the mail while we were gone and yesterday the mail carrier brought my June Taylored Expression Subscription. Yes, nine days without crafting is ten too many! (I couldn't do a whole lot on the day before we left as I had to pack.)

The June Subscriber challenge is Delightful Packaging. Of course I had taken my laptop with me and Split Coast Stampers' Wednesday tutorial was a slider box. Let me tell you, reading that on Wednesday and not getting my kit until Monday was stressful! The only good thing about that is I don't have to wait as long for my July kit!

Last night I did a test box. I have to do that to make sure I understand the instructions before cutting into the 'good' paper! I don't like surprises. Unfortunately, I failed to measure the length to see how it fit the Spellbinders Label 17. I should have made the box an 1/8" shorter.

Today I used the kit. Once again, Taylor did a fantastic job of putting it together. It is so nice making things without having to search for coordinating items.



Everything is from the kit except for a couple of the gems and the buttons I used for the knob. (Every rule has an exception. That's the one thing I remember from my English classes!)

I fell in love with the new dies, Petal Pop-Ups 1 and Petal Pop-Ups 2, and had to order them. Also, this month there was an exclusive stamp promotion for subscribers, 'Delightful Day.' I used it on the box as well. Oops, that is something else not in the kit. Okay, so all the paper, the two buttons on the flowers and the orange Twinkle Goosebump is from the kit, everything else, my stash and new purchases. I cut the label using Sizzix Tags, Scallop Combo #2 and left it blank so I can write the recipient's name.

Now to see what other packaging items I can make.

Uhm, I wonder where the camera is. I haven't put things away...

Added: Found the camera and inserted the photos. It would have been rather horrid to link to Taylor's site without a photo.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I like your sense of humor!! Cute box, too!