Thursday, September 27, 2012

Play Time

Last week I played with my Perfect Pearls, a push from the Online Card Class Kick Start. I painted with the Perfect Pearls and water on black paper. It was okay but rather shiny.

Perfect Pearls on black paper

This week, after much, much practice, I found a combination I like. Actually two.

For the first one I used water color paint (which is another product I bought over a year ago and hadn't used) with the Perfect Pearls. The shine from the pearls is subtle. Also, there is a the ability to mix colors. 
Water color paint and Perfect Pearls

For the second, I painted with my Distress Re-Inkers and water. I put one drop of the re-inker on my Non-Stick Craft Sheet, several separate drops of water and a small amount of the Perfect Pearls. As I was able to control the amount of ink, water and pearls, I had color variation.
Re-Inker, Perfect Pearls and water

The three, top left Perfect Pearls, top right Water Colors
and bottom Re-Inkers
I doubt I'll do the straight Perfect Pearls again. But never say never! The other two I go back and forth as to which is my favorite. It's like my children, I can't pick a favorite! :)

I used the Re-Inker method for this card and entered it in the Taylored Expressions Wild Card Spot for Last Card Standing competition, here.

Paper: Echo Park 'Springtime', Choice Cardstock Snow White, Neenah Brilliant White Text and Strathmore Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Taylored Expressions 'Forever in Bloom', Sentiment printed from a word document
Inks: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Crushed Olive & Gathered Twigs; Re-Inkers - dusty Concord, Milled Lavender & Crushed Olive
Embossing Powder: Ranger Super Fine Detail Black
Perfect Pearls: Forever Violet, Interference Violet & Forever Green
Dies: Taylored Dies 'Hydrangea Blooms'; Spellbinders S4-110,
S4-111, S4-114, S4-128 & S4-129
Ribbon: United Ribbons Seam Binding, dyed with Dusty Concord and Forever Violet in a Mini Mister
Thread: Madeira Supertwist & Madeira Opal
Pearls: Basic Grey Opaline
Other: Sewing Machine, Cuttlebug, Glue Dots, All Night Media Pop Dots

This is probably more then you wanted to know but I'm in a writing mood! Thanks for stopping by.



7 comments:

Angel said...

Thank you for sharing techniques, it is cool to see the different results you got.
Please turn of verification test it always takes 2 to 3 trys to get it, so many classmates won't bother to leave a comment when it is turned on.

Kelley said...

I didn't know it was on! Thanks for letting me know. Now to figure out how to turn off something I didn't know was on. :)

MS said...

Beautiful techniques! I love all 3, they have such different looks. Love all the purples too.

Jamie and Shane said...

Just wanted to say that I loved your comment about the 47 percent being wrong (on the create with TLC blog) (Regarding the free Halloween stamp.) Looked around your blog. You are very talented. Have a great day!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Kelley! Those lavender blossoms are gorgeous!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Kelley! Those lavender blossoms are gorgeous!

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty Pretty Kelley! Love all the different affects you achieved too! They are all so Lovely! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon