Friday, September 21, 2012

Something Old and Something New

The Online Card Class, Kick Start, is getting me to use product I've had for years. And allowing me to play! :)

I bought a bunch of Perfect Pearls, I don't know how long ago, years! They stayed in their packages, for months probably years, until I decided to mix them with my Distress Reinkers in Mini Misters. Perhaps I should try using them as the package suggested.

I stamped some hydrangeas (the new) with the Perfect Medium and dusted a few of the Perfect Pearls over them. I didn't like it, it looked muddy. Was it the white paper I had used?

I decided to try painting with them. Didn't like the look of that either. Okay, I'll try black paper and see what that looks like. That worked for me. However, I know I need to play with them more so I really like the look of them not just 'it works.'
Cardstock: Choice Cardstock Buttercream; Black scrap from my stash. (I need to put together bundles!)
Design Paper: Teresa Collins 'Sweet Afternoon'
Stamps: Hero Arts CL140 'Thinking of You', 657773 Antiques Flowers & Butterflies; Taylored Expressions 'Forever in Bloom'
Inks: Distress Ink 'Brushed Corduroy'; Ranger Perfect Medium; Tsukinedo VersaMark
Embossing Powder: Stampendous Ultra Detail White; Ranger Super Fine Detail Black
Perfect Pearls: Blue Patina, Interference Violet, Forever Green, Sunflower Sparkle
Dies: Spellbinders S4-114 & S4-115; 657773 Antiques Flowers & Butterflies; Taylored Dies Hydrangea Blooms
Other: EK Success Powder Tool; Sewing Machine; All Night Media Mini Pop Dots; Queen & Co Pearls

I've keep my Perfect Pearls in this Tupperware Container. The Reinkers are in a matching one so I can quickly spot the two of them for making my mists.

Now on to the farming, a momma pig is having babies... And, of course, DH is gone on business. Never fails.

When I checked her earlier her, she had five babies. This time she has 10. Here is a picture of six. The other four were under the heat lamp.



No comments: